Van Horn High School and William Chrisman High School faced off against one another at 4 p.m on April 12, 2014.
It was certainly a special occasion and not your typical game. Both Independence teams had the chance to play on the Royals’ home field.
The teams had to sell at least 1,000 tickets to a Royals game to get the chance to play in the High School Baseball Classic.
Several William Chrisman students showed their work at the Festival of Color Art Show at the Sermon Center on April 5.
The Truman Mock Trial team ranked 2nd of 16 teams after preliminary rounds at the State Mock Trial competition in St. Louis, March 28 – 30.
Students from the all district journalism and broadcast programs attended the Missouri Interscholastic Press Association’s Journalism Day at the University of Missouri-Columbia and came home with awards and accoaldes.
More in this category
- Chrisman Choir Students Excel at Large Ensemble Contest
- Two Van Horn Students become Eagle Scouts
- Truman Students Excel in Marketing, Finance, Hospitality and Management
- William Chrisman Government Students Visit Jefferson City
- Chrisman Special Olympics Athletes Nominated For Honor
- Greater Kansas City Suburban Conference Red Division Girls All Conference Team