A letter from Dr. Herl. Parents and Guardians, I want to make you aware of a change this year in how we handle extremely cold weather days. This yearwe will make a two hour late start available to our students and families. This will only be used when cold weather (not driving condition) is […]Full Story»
If drivers and walkers near Glendale Elementary were doing a ‘double take’ on their Halloween-eve trip home, you can understand why! Crossing Guard Antonio Zaragoza channeled his inner ‘force’ and dressed right out of the ‘Star Wars’ movies. Zaragoza patrols the area around Lee’s Summit Road and Cogan- and when it’s Halloween, he’s a kid […]
Thanks to the input and suggestions of parents, patrons and district partners, the ISD has a new look! District officials unveiled their new logo and it was approved by the board of education. Many in the Independence community said it was time for an updated look and the district agreed. “We created a logo that […]
Two weeks of sharing cultures begins October 27 when 27 students from France come to the ISD. During their stay, the French students will attend school with their host student, discover American culture and the English language all while visiting sites throughout Kansas City and Independence. “We are excited to have them here,” said Brandi […]
More in this category
- More than 400 go to District’s Multi-Cultural Festival
- Little Blue Students Run Kansas City Kids’ Marathon, ‘Sheldon’ Wins Third Straight Marathon Mascot Race
- Chiefs Tickets on Sale to Raise Money for the ISD Foundation’s Holiday Helpers Program
- Cheers! William Chrisman Wins Second Straight State Title!
- Power Up for Warmth October 10
- Bus Drivers Wanted!