Early Education in the ISD
If you or someone you know is interested in Early Education in the Independence School District, we are now scheduling screenings for possible enrollment.
The Independence School District understands the critical importance of engaging early learners from birth to age five for a lifetime of successful education. The ISD has one of the largest Early Education Programs in the state of Missouri. We staff highly trained and credentialed teachers and proudly use Creative Curriculum. The daily routine followed in all early education classrooms is designed to provide opportunities for children to function as planners, decision makers and problem solvers by making and completing plans daily. Our learners participate in dramatic play, art, writing, math, science, computers, construction, nap time and nature walks among many other activities. The Early Education Program allows students to learn in a variety of environments and provides children with experiences to prepare for Kindergarten.
The ISD has two early education centers in the Sunshine Center and Hanthorn Early Education Center. In addition, the ISD offers Early Education programs at many of our elementary schools, including Benton, Blackburn, Cassell Park, Glendale, Korte, Little Blue, Luff, Mill Creek, Ott, Randall, Santa Fe, Spring Branch, Sugar Creek, Sycamore and William Southern.
We are completing screenings on the following dates:
- October 15
- November 8
- December 13
Masks are required in all ISD schools and ISD buildings. The following individuals are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering:
- Children younger than two years old. Children who are younger than two years old should never wear face coverings due to the risk of suffocation.
- Children who are two, three, or four years old, with the assistance and close supervision of an adult, are strongly recommended to wear a face covering in public.
In-person screenings will include the following precautions:
- Every child, parent and staff member will have a thermal temperature scan upon arrival. Those with a fever will be asked to leave.
- We strictly adhere to cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Early Education staff members will wear face coverings during screenings.
- Items used for screenings will be sanitized following each use.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please call 816-521-5314 to learn more and to schedule an appointment.