Summer Success Schedule
|Times||2017 Summer Locations|
|8:30 – 3:00||Ott (Benton students also attend here)|
|8:30 – 3:00||Little Blue (Randall students also attend here)|
|8:30 – 3:00||Korte (Luff students also attend here)|
|8:30 – 3:00||Glendale (Santa Fe students also attend here)|
|9:15 – 3:45||Procter (Bryant students also attend here)|
|9:15 – 3:45||Blackburn (Spring Branch students also attend here)|
|9:15 – 3:45||Mill Creek (Fairmount students also attend here)|
|9:15 – 3:45||Mallinson (Sugar Creek and Three Trails students also attend here)|
|9:15 – 3:45||William Southern (Sycamore students also attend here)|
|7:35 – 2:05||Bridger – 6th grade only (Nowlin and IA students will also attend here)|
|7:25 – 1:55||Bingham – 7th and 8th grade only (Pioneer Ridge and Nowlin students also attend here)|
|8:30 – 2:00pm||William Chrisman (Truman and Van Horn students also attend here)|
Transportation Department – Summer Success
The ISD will provide transportation to students living one mile or more from their summer school site.
Routes and Stops
Bus stops have been established by the ISD Transportation Department in accordance with guidelines established by the Department of Education and ISD Policies and Procedures.
- Buses in general will only travel along main streets
- Buses will not make house stops
- Buses will stop at the closest and safest identifiable intersection
- Stop distances will be based on grade level and developmental appropriateness
- Stops will be placed on corners and/or common ground when possible
- Buses will not enter dead-end/cul- de-sac roads
- Students may only ride when they have been issued a bus pass and can only ride the bus they are assigned based on their residence
- Middle and high school students must carry their bus pass and school ID
- Parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to escort their children to and from the bus stop.
- Due to the abbreviated duration of Summer Success, bus stop change requests will not be accepted.
One-Day Ride Pass
To assist parents and students when an emergency arises, a one-day ride pass may be issued beginning June 5, 2017. Please contact your school for assistance.
The ISD encourages parents to accompany their kindergarten students to and from the bus stop. The ISD does not mandate a parent presence but with new and young riders, parent support is helpful.
Student Conduct and Discipline
Students whose conduct poses a safety hazard, disruption or distraction for the driver will lose riding privileges and any fees forfeited upon the first offense during Summer Success. Student discipline is handled through the Transportation Department by the Student Safety Supervisor. Student conduct expectations are as follows:
- Follow the bus driver’s directions
- Provide full and correct name when requested by the driver
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before your assigned stop time
- Line up in a single line at the side of the road with no pushing or shoving
- Sit on your seat, not on knees or backpacks
- Keep hands, feet and other items to yourself on the bus and keep the aisle clear
- No food, drinks, gum or candy on the bus
- Students are expected to help keep the bus clean and not destroy transportation equipment
- Damage resulting from misbehavior shall be paid for by the student
- Suspension from the bus will occur and continue until all damage is paid for
- Students will show consideration for students and the driver by being courteous and well mannered
- No profanity or other abusive language and no physical or verbal bullying
- Students are required to get on and off the bus at their assigned stop
Items Deemed Unsafe for Transportation
Items deemed unsafe or too large to be carried on the student’s lap cannot be transported on the school bus.
This can include musical instruments. Please contact your school for additional information.