The ISD will provide transportation for students living one mile or more from their summer school site.
Routes and Stops
Bus stops are determined by the ISD Transportation Department in accordance with guidelines established by the Department of Education and ISD policies and procedures.
- Buses will not make house stops
- Buses will stop at the closest and safest identifiable intersection
- Stop distances will be based on grade level and developmental appropriateness
- Buses will not enter dead-end/cul-de-sacs
- Students must have a bus pass and only ride on the bus they are assigned
- Middle and high school students must carry their bus pass and school ID
- Parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to escort their children to and from the bus stop.
- Due to the abbreviated duration of Summer Success, bus stops will not be changed
The ISD encourages parents to accompany their kindergarten students to and from the bus stop. The ISD does not mandate a parent presence but with new and young riders, parent support is helpful.
Student Conduct and Discipline
Students whose conduct poses a safety hazard, disruption or distraction for the driver will lose riding privileges and any fees forfeited upon the first offense during Summer Success. Student conduct expectations are as follows:
- Follow the bus driver’s directions
- Provide full and correct name when requested by the driver
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before your assigned stop time
- Line up in a single line at the side of the road with no pushing or shoving
- Sit on your seat, not on knees or backpacks
- Keep hands, feet and other items to yourself on the bus and keep the aisle clear
- No food, drinks, gum or candy on the bus
- Students are expected to help keep the bus clean and not destroy transportation equipment
- Damage resulting from misbehavior shall be paid for by the student
- Suspension from the bus will occur and continue until all damage is paid for
- Students will show consideration for students and drivers by being courteous and well mannered
- No profanity or other abusive language and no physical or verbal bullying
- Students are required to get on and off the bus at their assigned stop
- No taking pictures or recording
Items Deemed Unsafe for Transportation
Items deemed unsafe or too large to be carried on the student’s lap cannot be transported on the school bus. This can include musical instruments. Please contact your school for additional information.
One-Day Ride Pass
To assist parents in an emergency, a day pass may be issued starting June 5. Please contact your school for assistance.
Contacte a los intérpretes españoles al 816-521-5394