The district allows non-profit agencies in Independence or Sugar Creek to distribute flyers to students at Independence School District schools.
The following guidelines must be met when making a request:
- Requests should be made to our Public Relations Department at email@example.com
- Requests should be made at least four weeks in advance of requested distribution date.
- A copy of the flyer must be submitted when the request is made.
- No flyer distribution will occur during the first two weeks and last three weeks of the school year.
- No flyer distribution will occur during the summer school session.
- No commercial distribution/fundraising/advertising is allowed.
- Flyers must represent non-profit agencies within Independence or Sugar Creek
- Flyer content must involve academic or school-related instruction that corresponds with the District’s curriculum or organized, seasonal team sports in the Independence area.
- Agencies are limited to four separate distributions per year.
If your flyer is approved, the following guidelines must be observed:
- A copy of the approval letter must accompany the flyers to each building.
- The non-profit agency is responsible for delivery of the flyers to each building after approval has been granted.
- Flyers must be delivered in stacks of 30 for student dispersal.
- A stack of 50 flyers must be delivered for reception area dispersal.
- Copies of flyers are not to be made by building staff or using district printing infrastructure.
*Please note, approved flyers will go home with elementary students in backpacks. Any flyers approved for middle and high school students, will be available for students in the front office. Flyers are not sent home at the middle or high school level.