INDEPENDENCE SCHOOL DISTRICT FLYER GUIDELINES AND PEACHJAR
The Independence School District has discovered that the old practice of sending paper flyers home in student backpacks is not as effective in today’s digital world. As part of our ongoing commitment to be more environmentally friendly and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we have transitioned to a digital flyer delivery system. The district uses an E-flyer system called Peachjar that is free for the district. Peachjar sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on our school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. All flyers may be accessed by clicking on the Peachjar button.
Schools will save paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars and paperless delivery of school flyers removes a significant administrative burden from teachers and office staff. School and school district-approved eflyers will keep parents informed about upcoming school activities, programs, and events.
Peachjar Information for Parents
The Independence School District uses an electronic flyer communication and delivery tool called Peachjar. This tool allows schools and community organizations to save paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. It also reduces the number of flyers sent home in students’ backpacks. All flyers from community organizations will be posted on your school website and sent directly to your email.
To view school-approved flyers, simply click the Peachjar button in the top right corner of your school’s website homepage.
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. There is also a button to unsubscribe from Peachjar emails. Keep in mind, if you unsubscribe, you may miss out on important information about school events and opportunities for your child. For grandparents or others who may also wish to receive flyers, you can sign-up at www.peachjar.com.
Information for Community Organizations
Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. This service also allows you to track responses and have measurable results. Flyer metrics are available in your Peachjar account on the ‘My Flyers’ and ‘Flyer Metrics’ pages, which can be accessed through the left panel of your dashboard. The flyer metrics include total sends, opens, and clicks. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed.
If you wish to distribute flyers to ISD parents, you may register for a Peachjar account as a “Program Provider” and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired schools within the ISD. Peachjar does charge a fee to Program Providers, but it is significantly less than the cost of printing flyers. The cost is $25 per school, per flyer, per month with options to purchase bulk rate packages. You can create your own flyers and upload them as PDF’s or you can utilize a variety of free design templates through Peachjar.
Once you create a Peachjar account, you will upload flyers through Peachjar to be approved by the district’s Public Relations Director. Please be aware of the district’s Guidelines for Flyer Distribution.
ISD Flyer Guidelines
- Flyers must represent non-profit agencies within Independence or Sugar Creek.
- No flyer distribution will occur during the month of July as new registrations and email addresses are uploaded.
- No commercial distribution/fundraising/advertising is allowed.
- Flyer content must involve academic or school-related instruction that corresponds with the District’s curriculum or organized, seasonal team sports in the Independence area.
- To ensure timely posting, flyers should be uploaded for approval at least two weeks in advance of the desired distribution.
- Paper copies of the information will not be distributed to students and are not to be delivered to the school buildings.
- Information posted cannot be in violation of Board policy, state or federal law.
- Flyers cannot contain for-profit information or logos.
An organization requesting flyer distribution must be a qualified non-profit with proof of non-profit status. The information on the flyer must serve to benefit students and must not interfere, conflict, or compete with programs offered by the ISD. The district reserves the right to deny any request.
The process to register with Peachjar is easy:
- Visit www.Peachjar.com and click ‘Sign Up’
- Enter email address and choose ‘Program Provider’ as your Account Type
- Enter User Information and Business Information (first and last name, username, password, org name, category, org type, and location)
If you have any questions about Peachjar, you can contact Becky Zaleski with Peachjar at 858-997-2117 x 121 or by email at email@example.com.