A community united to improve the quality of life through education.
District Mission Statement:
By providing a quality education, the Independence School District will ensure that each learner will achieve the skills and self-confidence to be successful in an ever-changing world.
District Values Statements:
- All students can learn.
- All people have the right to be accepted and treated with respect.
- Schools will be safe; orderly and caring environments.
- Effective teaching/learning is the responsibility of the family, school and community.
- High academic and behavioral standards are expected.
District Level Goals:
- Increase student achievement and performance.
- Align district programs and services for continuity and cohesiveness.
- Maximize resources to facilitate learning.