Independence Council PTA
Co-President Paula McKinney
Co- President Stephanie Wade
Letter from the Independence Council PTA Co-Presidents
Independence Council PTA (ICPTA) is excited about the 2015-2016 school year! This year’s theme is “Whoo Can Make A Difference? YOU!!” because we believe “One person can make a difference and everyone should try” (John F. Kennedy). We know that the upcoming year has many innovative and inspirational programs planned for the many PTA units in Independence and we are looking forward to seeing our students grow through these programs.
We encourage you to become a member and be involved in your local unit. PTA is an inclusive organization that is open to all adults who care about children and schools. We have learned that the main thing that parents want from schools is to help their children succeed academically, emotionally and personally. PTA builds bridges between home and school. When a parent gets involved with PTA, the child who benefits most is his or her own. We actively invite all parents to be involved in their children’s education through participation in PTA. We work hard to bring mothers, fathers, teachers, school administrators, grandparents, mentors, foster parents, other caregivers and community leaders into the organization.
You can help us grow our PTA! Get involved, you will be glad you did!
Paula McKinney & Stephanie Wade
Independence Council PTA Co-Presidents
The Purpose of Council
Independence Council PTA is here to help. We provide support and assistance to the individual school PTAs and coordinate efforts between local units. Councils help develop leadership, and support and encourage State and National PTA programs and projects. Councils bring people and schools together for a stronger voice for our children. Together we are stronger! Together everyone achieves more!!
The Purpose of PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into close relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
To contact the new ICPTA officers Click on this link: Independence Council PTA Board 15-16
To look at the ICPTA calendar for the 2015-2016 year click on this link: ICPTA 15-16 Calendar