Goal One: Increase student achievement and performance.
- Align curriculum to state and national standards.
- Update the district’s technology resources and utilize technology to improve student achievement.
- Restructure high school programs to increase student achievement.
- Provide effective educational services for at-risk students.
- Eliminate achievement gaps.
- Develop comprehensive library media centers at all sites.
- Provide effective professional development, aligned to district goals, to all faculty and staff.
- Implement a comprehensive four-year induction for all new teachers in the district.
- Implement effective, research based instructional practices across the district.
- Provide and support opportunities for leadership development to improve student achievement.
- Expand University Partnership opportunities to all Independence Schools.
- Implement a comprehensive program to support students as they transition throughout school and to post-secondary opportunities.
- Continue to employ exemplary faculty and staff.
Goal Two: Align District programs for continuity and cohesiveness.
- The Independence School District will provide comprehensive early education and family services in all neighborhood elementary schools.
- Coordinate and implement an effective, research based reading program in all grade levels and schools.
- Fully implement BIST/Love and Logic in all schools.
Goal Three: Maximize resources to facilitate learning.
- Maintain and improve fiscal stability in the face of significant state reductions.
- Ensure success of the Collaborative Team.
- Develop short and long-range facility program.
- Enhance and improve the district’s nutrition programs.
- Enhance and improve the district’s transportation program.