In honor of “National Children’s Dental Health Month” in February, the children of Hanthorn Early Education learned about dental health.
Nancy Loewe, a children’s author, spent time giving Independence School District students lessons on how to become better writers.
- William Southern’s Father – Daughter dance!
- William Southern students make blankets for families battling cancer
Friday, February 28th students in Mrs. Von Holten’s Science classroom learned the steps of mitosis that are needed for growth and repair of cells.
Congratulations to Claire Moddrell, the winner of the City of Independence, LINC, and the Independence Ministerial Alliance 8th grade Martin Luther King essay contest.
- Celebrate the season with Nowlin Middle School’s Holiday Choir Concert
- Bridger Middle School raises more than a grand for ISD Holiday Helper Program
Three Truman High School students qualified for the National Forensic League’s National Speech Tournament that will be held in June in Overland Park, Kansas.
Van Horn Students sign letters of intent.
- Truman High School Students Celebrate Missouri Reading Award
- Truman High School Math Teacher Honored
This year the Independence Young Matrons performed the Trial of BB Wolf. The story included famous characters from children’s books. The children were so excited to see a special performance just for them.
February’s character trait is cooperation which means to respectfully play and work with others. Students and staff members were nominated from each school and a district winner was chosen.