In order to enroll in the Independence School District, each family must prove residency annually. To prove residency, the following documentation is needed:

  • An Electric or Gas Bill from the current address (no more than 30 days old)

AND one of the following

  • Copy of Mortgage Payment, Deed of Trust, or Housing Contract
  • Copy of Rental Agreement,
  • Copy of Lease Agreement,
  • Copy of Jackson County Paid Personal Property Tax Receipt

If you do not have the appropriate documentation, you may be asked to make another appointment so you can provide the documentation before student(s) will be enrolled. Please have a Photo ID with you also to verify name on bill matches parent/guardian enrolling student. If you are unable to provide documents in your name as proof of residency, please see Residency Affidavit information or call Admissions at 816-521-5588.

Residency Affidavit

Proof of residency is required for families on Residency Affidavits. Please renew your residency affidavit at the Independence Arts and Technology Building, located just north of the Independence Square at 315 N Main. You must have the residency affidavit, two required homeowner proofs of residency and the parent/guardian proof of residency at that address.

Please complete your student’s online registration at prior to renewing your affidavit. If you have any questions, please call 816-521-5588.


Residency Affidavit 2022-2023
Residency Affidavit 2022-2023 (en Espanol)
Used when living with an Independence School District resident in order to prove residency within school district boundaries.